2 oz. Aristotle Habanero Vodka
1 oz. House-made pineapple syrup
Muddle the basil in a mixing glass. Add the vodka, pineapple syrup, and ice. Stir for 30 seconds. Strain into a lowball glass without ice (neat). If you have a cocktail smoker, place it on top of the glass and light some hickory chips, allowing the smoke to mingle with the drink; otherwise, place the lit chips under a dome with the drink. Garnish with a Tajin-dusted pineapple wheel and a basil sprig.
About Aristotle Spirits: After spending years as a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry, founder Jake Howland decided to step away from the corporate environment and open his own distillery. In 2019, he founded Aristotle Spirits with a focus on the process and character of the spirits he enjoys. In the summer of 2021, it opened to the public in Garner — a drinking experience founded in precision and classical distilling processes and made with the highest quality North Carolina ingredients. Visit the distillery and tasting room at 105 Rand Road.
- Garden Adventurer: Strange Beauty: Turtleheads
- Celebrated Spirits: Crème de l’Orange Cider from Bull City Ciderworks
- Celebrated Spirits: Up in Smoke
- Small Business Spotlight: Raleigh Tea Company
- Pay it Forward: Meals She Eats
- On Trend: The Year of the Korean Corn Dog
- Out & About in Wake County: July / August 2022
- Celebrating Local Food!
- Clayton: The Foodie’s Tour
- Restaurant Profile: Vidrio
- Chill Out
- The Art of Sushi